Soft tissue injury comprises damage to ligaments, muscles, tendons with synovial sheaths, fascia and intra articular cartilage. All of these tissues are injured when bones are fractured or joints dislocationed. there are, therefore, principles of threatment when are common to all injuries.
LIGAMENTS, SKELETAL MUSCLES , TENDONS, SUPERFICIAL AND DEEP, NUTRITION, ACUTE SPRAINS, ACUTE AND CHRONIC INJURIES
Soft tissue are injuries related to the soft tissues of the body( muscle, tendon, ligament and nerve). The most cammon soft tissue injuries consist of sprain, strain contusion tendinopathies, bursities and stress injuries. Soft tissues injuries are cammon in sport but can also happen due to repetetive use and falls.
ANKLE STRAIN, BACK STRAIN, CALF STRAIN GOLFUS / TENNIS ELBOW, HAMSTRINGS STRAIN.
Differnce between a strain and a sprain
Tendon are fibrous bands that attack muscle to bone. Trauma to muscle or tendon due to over stretching is refused to as a strain ligament are also fibrous band that hold bones together. Trauma by over stretching of ligament is refused to as a sprain. strain and sprain are bath very cammon and can occur from accident during sports, at home or at work.
Grade 1 strain or sprain (mild)
- minimal over stretching possible minor microscopic tearing of fibrus
mild tendons and minimal swelling
Grade 2 strain or sprain (moderate)
- partial tear of fibres
- modrate pain, tenderness/ swelling
- unabe to apply loading to injured area without pain
Grade 3 strain or sprain (sever)
- complete rupture of structure
- significant pain and swelling
- inability to use the injured structure
- instability of the affected joint
COMMON OVER USE SOFT TISSUE INJURIES
- Tendinites - tendinities is an inflammation or irritation of a tendon
- Bursities - burse are small jelly like that are located through out the body including around the shoulder, knee elbow, hip, heel. They contain a small amount of fluid.